The Sweet Escape: Three Steps to Planning a Destination Wedding
Kim and Kanye, Ben and Jen, Blake and Ryan—these celebrity couples have chosen to tie the knot in stunning destinations like Hawaii, Turks and Caicos, and Italy. Sure, they could plan a lavish wedding in their own home countries, but with the tempting beauty of some locations and the chance to escape from the prying eyes of the paparazzi, they opted for a destination wedding.
You don't have to be a celebrity, however, to experience the magic of getting married overseas. Opting for a destination wedding can be a lot of hard work, but if you follow these three steps and work with the right people, you'll surely have the most unforgettable start to your ever after:
Get the location right first.
Picking a destination can be the most challenging, especially since you'll have hundreds of places to choose from. To make the decision easier, go back to how you envision your wedding to be. Would you want to exchange vows by the beach? Are you keen on saying I dos in a theme park? By considering what you want exactly for your wedding, it'll be easier to narrow down your options to those that would fit your requirements. Now if you're looking for some options, these pages are worth checking out:
- Lauriston House wedding venues in Sydney - a heritage-listed venue featuring an elegant lounge area and open fireplaces.
- Unwind Hunter Valley Wine Tours - nestled in the beautiful Hunter Valley, this place is a perfect option for a rustic-themed wedding
- Derbyshire Country Cottages - a romantic self-catering accommodation in the Peak District that you can rent for your wedding weekend.
- Channers on Norfolk Island - offers accommodation options with stunning views of the beautiful Norfolk island, which is a great option for your guests to stay in.
- www.nc-revalue.jp - a new destination, New Caledonia (ニューな行き先、ニューカレドニア), is a great place to visit with its numerous varieties of food and activities.
- Banyan resorts in Hua Hin - enjoy idyllic villas with tropical gardens and luxurious bedrooms. Also serves 5 star dining serving Thai and International cuisine.
Alternatively, if you want to take your destination wedding to a whole new level, you could opt to do it on a cruise. Just imagine you and your guests sailing away on an adventure that includes you exchanging your vows in the middle of the ocean. How exciting can that get? Check out these pages to know your options:
- Go Whale Watching Sydney - offers a unique cruise experience that will surely fit your adventure-themed wedding.
- Bubba Diving Phuket - offers scuba diving services and courses to make your Thailand holiday a memorable experience
Give out save the dates early and keep your guests posted.
Unlike a regular wedding, your celebration requires your guests to travel and spend a few days on your chosen destination. This means that they'll need to make arrangements at work, free up their schedules and well, prepare for a trip. Hence, it pays to send out your save the dates at least a few months before the wedding to give your guests enough time to take care of everything. Moreover, it would be great if you could keep them posted about your celebration by creating a wedding website or even a Facebook page where you can post updates and let your guests share the excitement of counting the days to your wedding.
Get all the essentials covered.
We get it, you're excited and don't know where to start. But while getting married in your own country can afford you some tiny mistakes, it's not the same situation when you're tying the knot overseas. This is why; you need to get all the essentials covered as early as possible, so you wouldn't need to worry about problems that you can't address right away because you're halfway across the globe. Work with a wedding planner, book suppliers and make sure that everything's well before the wedding to avoid stress. If you're getting married in Perth and need a limo, book our Lincoln limousine right away! But if what you need is wedding car hire services in Adelaide - Holdfast Bay Limos is the answer. Also, don't forget to hire a photobooth from The Photobooth Co.
With these three steps in mind, you're now ready to get your wedding planning started!